I worked on this Ghost intermittently before Destiny 2 came out. Only recently did I complete some renders of it to share. I created this model in 3ds Max, and rendered in Keyshot. It was surprisingly challenging at first, but I was able to find some decent reference to help with modeling. Overall, I am happy with how it turned out.
So with crazy day job schedules, among other things, I haven't been able to work on anything as of late. Fortunately though, an art contest came up for one of my favorite video games, FFXIV. Since I was planning to attend a Fan Festival for the game, I decided to join in on the contest.
Below you can see the WiP images for the FFXIV art contest piece I created in September 2014. This was done entirely in ZBrush and took roughly 41 hours to complete in 6 days. Had to work on this after my day job, so I didn't sleep much, haha.
Been in Eorzea a little bit as of late, so haven't gotten a chance to work on this. This update includes small/insignificant fixes in the mesh that I didn't share before (and you can't see because they were done to the front panels of the vehicle), and edits to the rear bumper I did tonight - passenger side of the rear bumper has space for exhaust pipe, and work on the exhaust pipe has begun.
I've been working on this off and on as of late. Made adjustments and began to create headlights for my xB.
I've worked a little on the side panels of the xB. Added a "crease" to it, and continued to refine the line segments so they match up, while removing gaps at the same time. I also messed around with the mirrors a bit, and the front bumper area.
Last night I worked on my xB a little more. Straightened out some uneveness, and filled a few gaps here and there. Will continue with this for a bit tonight.
Currently I'm working on creating a 2006 Scion xB for my portfolio. For some reason, I do not have a vehicle under my belt, so I decided to create my personal car. After gathering quite a bit of reference, I began to work on this asset by utilizing image planes with blueprints of the vehicle inside of Max. I've since added more detail, as you can see in the images below. So far I've been working on this asset for about 10 days, with time ranges going anywhere from 2 to 8 hours a day, give or take.
Wanted to add the most recent project that I completed. Inspired by a small frog I came across in the Elder Scrolls Online Beta, I created this frog entirely in ZBrush. I then brought him into an external rendering program for the final renders. Including rendering, it took me roughly 11 days to complete this guy, working in 1-3 hour spurts here and there. Really enjoyed this project.
Images included are render shots and images in ZBrush. I also had a little fun playing around with the background and materials, as you can see in the images at the end of the slide show.
I'm starting this blog to share the WiP that I've been doing as of late. This will have combinations of my thoughts, experiences, and artwork that I complete each day, week, etc. I'm pretty new to this blog thing, so it should be interesting if anything. Feel free to contact me with any comments or suggestions any time.